Student Council & Service Learning
At Belmont Oaks Academy students are given a variety of leadership opportunities. Led by our teacher moderators (Ms. Zanette and Ms. Knibbs), our elected 5th grade students lead our younger students in activities to promote school spirit. Representatives from each class meet once a month to plan spirit days and community service projects.
Working together as a community our school is proud to partner with local non-profit groups with the goal making a difference in the lives of others. Our school-wide service learning projects gives our students and families a chance to contribute their time and effort in helping other children and families in need. Currently, we have partnered with Second Harvest of Silicon Valley and are participating in a virtual food drive Team MMBOA page.
NewsStudent Council Agenda
November 2, 2022
1. Call to Order
Introductions of Board Members
Have everyone sit with someone they don’t know and let them talk for a couple minutes
Quick summary of the current events going on
Review events from last meeting (Book Fair, Pumpkin Carving Contest, Parade) (By Stella)
2. Action Items
November Food Drive October 27th - November 30 (By Stella and Thea)
Explain the video that talks about the Food Drive.
Discuss the thermometer idea for the Food Drive
Goal to raise $5,000 by 11/30, $1 provides 2 meals!
If we reach the goal, we get a free dress day!
- Thankfulness Activity on Wednesday, November 9th
- Paper leaves will be given to each class, and students will write what they are thankful for
- Each class will get a poster, which they will draw a tree on and leaves will be added to fill the tree.
3. Upcoming Items
- Spirit Day on Friday, December 9th
- Reps get three ideas from their class and tell their teacher to fill out the ideas for
- Explain the ideas form
- Brainstorm ideas for future assemblies, the school would like to bring them back (By Stella)
- Have each table group share 1 or 2 ideas
- Explain the purpose of an assembly