BOA (K-5) Return to School
Belmont Oaks Academy has strived to accomplish three goals in our Hybrid Distance Learning Plan (DLP) K–5 within a flexible framework:
- Live Student-Teacher Content Delivery & Instruction
- Structured Scheduled Day
- Monitoring of Student Progress
The talent and creativity of our entire teaching staff will allow our students to continue to learn in new ways from home during their designated distance learning days. It is our intention that we continue to live our mission and ACORN values in order to prepare our students to respond to this ever-changing world. We believe that learning must remain responsive, adaptive, personalized, and relationship-based.
Please be patient with us as we navigate through this hybrid learning model which includes blending the physical classroom with our virtual classroom on a daily basis. While there may be challenges and frustrations with this new learning curve, we do know that together as a community we will work through them as partners to achieve our goals.
Please read below for more information and answers to questions:
- Class Schedules by Teacher
- What if my child needs additional digital breaks during distance learning?
- 8 Guidelines for Parents Supporting Distance Learning
- Roles & Responsibilities During Distance Learning
- How do I log my child into the GSuite?
- How will attendance be taken on the days my child is scheduled to distance learn?
- How will BOA communicate with parents, students during hybrid distance learning?
- Where will my child go to get their assignments?
- How will my child connect with his/her teacher?
- Will parents need to be involved?
- Who do I contact if I have technical issues?
- What are BOA’s priorities as we prepare to reopen for the fall?
- Are there required regulations for students returning in the fall?
- What schedule will BOA implement in the Fall?
- Why has BOA chosen this schedule?
- Will BOA provide an option for families who have risk factors or do not feel ready to send their child back to campus?
- When my student is not on campus what can we expect e-learning look like?
- Will my student have BOA specialty classes each week?
- What are Hours of Operation for BOA?
- Will there be an after school Program? What will it look like?
- How will lunch be served?
- Will the county’s regulations change before the start of school or during the 2020-2021 school year?
- What are you doing to prepare for BOA students to return to campus?
- How will MMBOA handle Covid-19 Cases and/or Contact Exposure in our school community?
- BOA Health and Safety Protocols During COVID-19- SIGNATURE REQUIRED
- Enroll Your Child in Afterschool