Spanish (Kindergarten Through 5th Grade)
Learning other languages and understanding the culture of the people who speak them is a 21st century skill that is vital to success in the global environment in which our students will live and work.
The goal of our Spanish Program is to provide students with as many opportunities as possible to learn and practice important 21st century skills:
- Creativity and Innovation
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Global Awareness
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Initiative and Self-Direction
- Leadership and Responsibility
- Productivity and Accountability
- Social and Cross Cultural
Language and communication are at the heart of the human experience! Incorporated into the Spanish curriculum are art, music, technology, movement, games, food, literature and culture.
Language learning should be a collaborative effort between the teacher and the students, and more importantly between the students themselves! Students will explore SPANISH and learn about the people who speak this beautiful language and the places where it is spoken.